I have put on my rose colored glasses and come up with the top ten reasons to be an optimist about low income housing in Texas. Watch the video blog to hear all the details or read the bare bones list below.
1. A National Housing Trust Fund may be established soon.
2. Chances have improved markedly for a real Texas Housing Trust Fund.
3. Congress will step in and put a stop to predatory lending.
4. Elected officials friendly to low income housing are in the leadership.
5. A handful of skilled and productive nonprofits have emerged in Texas.
6. The disagreements between housing factions have cooled.
7. State housing programs are competently administered.
8. Greater, higher quality media attention is directed at housing issues.
9. Active, informed housing advocates have emerged in some cities.
10. Green building and energy efficiency have come to low income housing.